Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh, Thanks, But I Would Have Liked To Know LAST MONTH!

I have just had a very important epiphany today regarding my story. Very important.

Almost everything I've been writing about should be in book two.

I feel sucker punched.

How the heck was I supposed to know!? Remnants - title and all - is book two! Only a small part of it is still book one, this is a absolute disaster! I'm supposed to be starting book two in a few days! Oh my gosh, this is just. . . I don't even know what to say.

Okay, let's see. The whole careful placing of plot points that I've written and carefully situated was all for naught because that should be in book two and I should have been concentrating on a whole other aspect in this book, and I can't believe I didn't see this earlier because now I've written 55,000 words of things that must go through superhorrificmajor changes! And then I have to recycle a lot of it into book two and make the mc all surprised/scared/etc. about the same thing all over again!

Well, I guess this is how it goes when writing a series. While I'm finishing up book one I guess I'll have to do my best to concentrate on what the book should have been leading up to and everything. And then book two shall be the way it's supposed to.

*sighing*

Well, I guess it's better to find out now than when I thought I was done with book two :] ;_;

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, you now have a fair amount of book two finished, right? Right?

Anyway, better to find out now than halfway through your rewrite.

TayLyee said...

invisibleexile: Oh, I wish I had book 2 already written. But it's all in book one's setting. Book two takes place somewhere completely different, lots of thing are different in book two than in book one. It's just that I introduced the. . .enemy, a bit too soon it seems, which means that a very large part of the book is too soon.
Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself, but last month would have been so *nice!*

Anonymous said...

Use book one as 2 and vice versa. :P
Besides, you can always use what already have in book one and edit later.

TayLyee said...

rarte - I can't, I really wish it would be that easy but the setting and everything has to be changed to make it book two, cause there are still other things that need to happen in book two. I also wish I could edit the parts in book one to put it in book two but I just can't do that because once I get to those parts in book two everything will be different and so the same event will have to be written differently D: