Friday, January 28, 2011

Very Short Summaries

Hi everyone!

I have revamped my blog again. That last background with the black splatters and stuff just wasn't working for me, it was too dark and stuff. I like the way it is now, nice and clean and bright. I think I could live with it looking like this for awhile.

I've also updated my About Me page and added a Project page which lists the stories I'm working on and gives a short summary of each, if you've been curious about what any of my stories are about. And do you know what I realized when I was done with my project page? I wrote nearly perfect 1-2 sentence summaries for each. Which I have before agonized over because there was just NO way I could summarize my story in a single sentence or two for a query. Yet I did it without realizing. Nearly effortlessly. Huh. At least now I know that I can do it.

How many of you guys have had trouble summarizing your story in a single sentence? Or two? Or is it easy for you? If you have a single sentence summary and are willing to share, please do. I'd like to see other peoples summaries.

Happy writing!

6 comments:

Sara Harricharan said...

Ohh, it looks very nice. I like it! I had to change to a black and white myself, 'cause it just wasn't working either. Looks good!

Misha Gerrick said...

*cough cough* or ten lines...

I like the new look, although, I must say that I liked the previous one better.

However, I am pretty used to a dark blog, since mine is in black.

:-)

TayLyee said...

Sara- Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

Misha-Haha, if I was told I needed to summarize my story in a sentence I would never be able to do it. It appears that I can't do it on command. :p
Ah, I'm sorry you liked the other better, but it just started to bug me after awhile. I'm glad you still like the new look though :)
You're blog looks nice with the white swirls, I like it! It also looks interesting, I'll take a better look around there after I get some sleep ;)

Theresa Milstein said...

I do have a hard time summarizing my story into a single sentence. Did you see the logline contest on Operation Awesome? They do one about once a month. It gave me good tips. I actually got an honorable mention a couple of months ago.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Your blog is easy to read so I definitely think that this layout is working well for you.

I saw that you play video games...do you play World of Warcraft? If so, you would've loved the Burning Crusade expansion where there was this whole Chess Event thing that was so much fun.

Good luck with the summary thing. I find summaries extremely difficult to write but maybe I just need more practice. It's too bad some computer program hasn't been invented to help people with this kind of thing LOL.

TayLyee said...

Theresa- I'm usually horrible at summaries. No, I'll have to go check that place out, sound like it could be cool!

Michael- Thanks, that's what i was going for!

Yes, I play WoW from time to time but I didn't ever play it when Burning Crusade was live. That kinda makes me wish I had.

Ha, I don't think they'll ever be able to create an adequate summary software ;) But I'm sure you'll get better!