Sunday, September 19, 2010

And So We Meet

Suppose I should first say hello. Hello (>_>). I had a lot of trouble trying to find an owl layout or header of some kind before deciding to make one myself. I think it turned out wonderful, better than I expected anyway!

So, the reason I made this blog in the first place was because NaNo is coming up (Notional Novel Writing Month). Great place that is, the best thing I have found for writing so far! It takes place in the month of November, you try to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Fun, very very fun, but equally as stressful!

This will only be my second year (last year was a win!) and I already can't wait! I'm itching to write so many different stories right now! But I'll wait. I don't want to exhaust myself only a month and a half before November, that would just be a waste!

So right now I'll just keep myself busy with plotting and outlining. Quite a new thing for me, outlining. I know it's easier and much more fun and stress free to write when you know step by step, I figured this out while rewriting a novel of mine, but I haven't ever outlined before I wrote the story. Very hard for me cause I can't really imagine what will happen step by step until I start writing. This strategy usually leads to dead stops when I have no idea what's suppose to happen next.

Not to say I don't have the plot! I usually already have the plot all done but the problem is that I don't know how to get from point A to point B. I'm good at writing the beginning and the end but suck at writing middles. . . So that's why I'm going to try outlining!

2 comments:

Knuxchan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knuxchan said...

(whoops, accidentally deleted)

Very awesome you started a writing blog too! It looks lovely :) I definitely want to follow other NaNo writers to keep me motivated :)

This will be my second year (last year was a win also!), as well.