Monday, October 21, 2013

Ten Days 'Till

Oh my, it's ten days from Nano. Already.

I'm going to be working on my four year epic The Chronicles (previously The Chronicles of Siron but now just The Chronicles). So, thankfully I already know some of the characters and where it's going to take place and a vague idea of who the bad guy is and stuff but not really what the plot is. I mean, I don't want to do the whole 'someone's trying to take over the world' thing. I want to do something on a smaller scale. Something where the world isn't at stake. And then the potential bad guy will be the sort of mentor to the main character but I have to figure out why the mentor is so interested in the main character and why he wants to corrupt him. Why be the MC's mentor at all? Why?

Also, this years Nano is going to be particularly interesting since this is the first year I can be considered as 'busy'. I'm currently a full time college student doing twelve credit hours and on campus all day three days a week. I've always wondered if I would be capable of doing Nano while busy, now I'll finally be able to see. I think I'll make it. I have a decent amount of free time, I"ll just have to read a bit less and watch less tv.

The only things I'm dissapointed in so far this year is that I won't be able to stay up till midnight on the 31st of October and start writing. I have school on the 1st of November (curses!) so I can't do that. :(

I hope I get caught up on my planning in the next week. I want to have a pretty good idea of what I'm writing before I start. :)

No comments: