Merry late Christmas everyone!
I was sick this Christmas. It got me the day before Christmas eve and was pretty bad that night and Christmas eve night, I still had to go see family though both on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Luckily it kinda went away during the day before returning during the evening and night. Anyway, I'm pretty much over it now and that's pretty much why I didn't write a blog for a few days.
Christmas also went pretty well this year. The highlights of it was some awesome Bose speakers for my computer, an actual, fully functional (and very very sharp), finger claw thing that is so awesome and looks like this:
And the last particularly awesome gift was a Swarovski ring that was all white sparkly diamond wonder and was really large! Unfortunately it doesn't fit, too small. But I can take it back and exchange it for something else that will be equally awesome! Actually, maybe not. That ring is really pretty. . . Oh well.
So, it's nearly 2011! It's so odd, 2011, it's weird to think that it's here already. This year has gone by so fast I couldn't believe it and it's made me realize just how little time there is and how much of it I waste. Which brings me to my goals for 2011.
This next year, I want to accomplish something. Something big for me. I want to learn a bunch of new things and explore the world. But there just doesn't seem to be enough time for everything I want to do, however I think the first of my goals will give me that needed time.
1. Quite procrastinating. It's really ridiculous how much I do this and I'm sick of it. I'm basically wasting my life away with it and it's going to get kicked.
2. Rewrite, revise and edit The Chronicles. The whole series. With the way it's going though it might end up as a completely different story.
3. Build a very convincing fantasy world for The Chronicles to take place in. This is already in progress but I think this will take a while to accomplish.
4. Revise my '09 NaNo Angels. I think it has a lot of potential, there's a bunch of stuff that can be added and cut to make it awesome!
5. Continue working on The Journalist. That story could be particularly awesome.
6. Take a vacation to another country. One over seas. And I'd like to go to Alaska as well.
7. Learn another language. Japanese is first on the list.
8. Develop a language for my fantasy world.
9. Actually write the 300k for WriYe that I didn't quite make this year.
10. Actually finish reading the twenty some-odd books I'm in the middle of reading, and have been for the last six months.
11. Learn to really play the piano, violin or guitar, all three instruments I own, and only one I can actually play. Kinda.
There are probably some more things that should be added to that list that have slipped my mind at the moment. I may make up a a writing schedule for all those stories I'll be working on next year, but for now, there's the goals for 2011!
What are some of the goals you guys are working towards next year? And how was your Christmas?